China's May exports climb nearly 50%
BEIJING - China's exports surged by 48.5 percent year on year in May, while the imports climbed 48.3 percent, the General Administration of Customs (GAC) announced Thursday.
The growth rate for exports was 18.1 percentage points up from the figure for April, and the import growth rate dipped slightly from 49.7 percent reported in April.
Piles of containers are seen at a port in Yingkou, Liaoning province June 10, 2010.[Agencies]
Exports totalled 131.76 billion US dollars in May, said a statement on the GAS website, adding imports topped 112.23 billion US dollars.
Total foreign trade value rose 48.4 percent from a year earlier to 243.99 billion US dollars in May. The figure was even 10.2 percent higher than May 2008 before the global financial crisis began, the statement said.
Exports were up 9.2 percent from May in 2008 and imports grew 11.4 percent.
From January to May, the total value of foreign trade rose 44 percent year on year to 1.1 trillion US dollars.
Exports were up 33.2 percent to 567.74 billion US dollars and imports rose 57.5 percent to 532.35 billion US dollars, said the statement.
The trade surplus fell 59.9 percent to 35.39 billion US dollars in the first five months.
- China, Laos and Thailand Railway Starts, Yunnan International Transportation System Takes Shape2010-07-14
- China, Laos, Myanmar and Thailand Getting Closer for the Port Construction and Shipping Cooperation in Lancang - Mekong River2010-07-14
- China's COSCO takes over container business at Greek port2010-07-13
- China June CPI may continue to fall2010-07-12
- China's business climate index gains in Q22010-07-09
- China reports 48% increase in H1 auto sales2010-07-09
- Chinalco eyes stake in mine in Mongolia2010-07-09
- China reduces rare earth export quota by 72%2010-07-09
- China's Moutai, the new trend for investment2010-07-09
- China's full-year auto sales seen to rise2010-07-08
- China to develop 13 solar power projects in western region2010-07-07
- China to issue 29.97 billion yuan of book-entry T-bonds2010-07-07
- China's H1 auto sales up 30% year-on-year to 7.18m2010-07-05
- China's gold output up 6% in Jan-May2010-07-03
- China's Qingdao Port sees foreign trade throughput up 21%2010-07-01
- China Huadian plans $14.7b energy projects in Xinjiang2010-07-01
- China to Invest RMB800m to Support Development of Service Outsourcing Enterprises2010-06-29
- China motorcycle exports top 3 mln units in first 5 months2010-06-17
- China takes heart from trendsetter FDI figures2010-06-14
- China's eighth environment exchange opens2010-06-03
- China may unveil private equity regulations this year2010-06-01
- China gives private aye for key state companies2010-05-14
- China sets foreign trade goal over next decade2010-04-19
- China's foreign ETF plan signals market reform2010-03-09
- China - ASEAN Free Trade Area business portal was officially opened2010-01-12
- China's investment in ASEAN to rapidly increase2010-01-08
- China to become 2nd largest trade partner of Philippines as recovery takes hold2009-12-31
- Sime Darby- Sime Darby to expand China operations2009-12-23
- China’s Absorption of FDI in January-October 20092009-12-06
- China's Huawei to set up training centers in Indonesia2009-11-13
- China completes2009-09-28
- China still top destination for FDI2009-06-10
- China urged for investment in South Asian Countries2009-06-07
- China makes breakthrough in coffee exports2009-03-01
- China investment guide2006-07-18