China motorcycle exports top 3 mln units in first 5 months
Policewomen riding motorcycles patrol on Lindun Road in Suzhou, east China's Jiangsu Province, June 11, 2010. (Xinhua/Zhu Guigen)
BEIJING, June 17 (Xinhua) -- China exported 3.15 million motorcycles from January to May this year, up 39 percent compared to the same period in 2009 as both sales and motorcycle production in China soared, the country's Ministry of Industry and Information Technology said Thursday.
The total value of motorcycle exports in the first five months stood at 1.45 billion U.S. dollars, up 35 percent over last year.
Further, a total of 727,000 motorcycles were exported in May alone, up 45 percent year on year.
Sales in the first five months within China reached 11.7 million units, a year-on-year rise of 19 percent, while production was boosted by 22 percent to reach 11.95 million units, according to figures released by the ministry.
During the same period, domestic sales of commercial buses reached 159,800 units, up 42 percent year on year, with 34,300 units sold just in May, which was a 39 percent increase over last year.
The top five sellers of buses included Brilliance Auto, Jiangling Motors, Nanjing Iveco Motor, Zhengzhou Yutong, and Foton.
- China, Laos and Thailand Railway Starts, Yunnan International Transportation System Takes Shape2010-07-14
- China, Laos, Myanmar and Thailand Getting Closer for the Port Construction and Shipping Cooperation in Lancang - Mekong River2010-07-14
- China's COSCO takes over container business at Greek port2010-07-13
- China June CPI may continue to fall2010-07-12
- China's business climate index gains in Q22010-07-09
- China reports 48% increase in H1 auto sales2010-07-09
- Chinalco eyes stake in mine in Mongolia2010-07-09
- China reduces rare earth export quota by 72%2010-07-09
- China's Moutai, the new trend for investment2010-07-09
- China to develop 13 solar power projects in western region2010-07-07
- China to issue 29.97 billion yuan of book-entry T-bonds2010-07-07
- China Huadian plans $14.7b energy projects in Xinjiang2010-07-01
- China takes heart from trendsetter FDI figures2010-06-14
- China's eighth environment exchange opens2010-06-03
- China may unveil private equity regulations this year2010-06-01
- China gives private aye for key state companies2010-05-14
- China's foreign ETF plan signals market reform2010-03-09
- China - ASEAN Free Trade Area business portal was officially opened2010-01-12
- China's investment in ASEAN to rapidly increase2010-01-08
- China to become 2nd largest trade partner of Philippines as recovery takes hold2009-12-31
- Sime Darby- Sime Darby to expand China operations2009-12-23
- China’s Absorption of FDI in January-October 20092009-12-06
- China completes2009-09-28
- China still top destination for FDI2009-06-10
- China urged for investment in South Asian Countries2009-06-07
- China makes breakthrough in coffee exports2009-03-01
- China investment guide2006-07-18