China to develop 13 solar power projects in western region
The government is tendering for bids to develop the projects in six provinces, which will have a combined capacity of 280 megawatts, the National Development and Reform Commission, the country's top planner, said in a statement on its website yesterday.
This is the second tender since the country opened bids to build a 10-megawatt solar power plant in Dunhuang in Gansu province last year. China wants the western region to become a base for energy production and processing of natural resources and aims to boost the share of non-fossil fuel in its primary energy consumption to 15 percent by 2020 to cut pollution.
The central government will invest in "key projects" in those areas to improve the economic well-being of the local people, President Wen Jiabao said in a statement yesterday, without identifying the provinces. Additional policies will also be implemented to support the development of the region, he said.
China aims to have an installed capacity of 20 gigawatts of solar units and 100 gigawatts of wind power by 2020, Zhang Guobao, head of the National Energy Administration, said in May.
- China's COSCO takes over container business at Greek port2010-07-13
- China June CPI may continue to fall2010-07-12
- China's business climate index gains in Q22010-07-09
- China reports 48% increase in H1 auto sales2010-07-09
- Chinalco eyes stake in mine in Mongolia2010-07-09
- China reduces rare earth export quota by 72%2010-07-09
- China's Moutai, the new trend for investment2010-07-09
- China to issue 29.97 billion yuan of book-entry T-bonds2010-07-07
- China takes heart from trendsetter FDI figures2010-06-14
- China's eighth environment exchange opens2010-06-03
- China may unveil private equity regulations this year2010-06-01
- China gives private aye for key state companies2010-05-14
- China's foreign ETF plan signals market reform2010-03-09
- China - ASEAN Free Trade Area business portal was officially opened2010-01-12
- China's investment in ASEAN to rapidly increase2010-01-08
- China to become 2nd largest trade partner of Philippines as recovery takes hold2009-12-31
- Sime Darby- Sime Darby to expand China operations2009-12-23
- China’s Absorption of FDI in January-October 20092009-12-06
- China still top destination for FDI2009-06-10
- China urged for investment in South Asian Countries2009-06-07
- China investment guide2006-07-18