Second China-Russia Expo opens
More than 4,000 of the businessmen came from Russia, which borders Heilongjiang.
The expo, which is to last till Friday, is hosted jointly by the Chinese Ministry of Commerce, the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation, the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation, as well as the provincial government of Heilongjiang.
Representatives from China and Russia will have exchanges in fields like electromechanical production, railway, development of forest resources, technical standards, mining, finance and tourism.
China is Russia's largest trading partner.
The first China-Russia Expo ended last July in Harbin with contracts worth 3.15 billion U.S. dollars signed. The third expo will be held in Russia.
The event's predecessor was the China Harbin International Economic and Trade Fair, and the first fair was held in 1990.
- 6th Kunming Pan-Asian International Agriculture Expo oncoming2010-08-19
- Second China-South Asia Expo kicks off in Kunming2014-06-10
- Exports recovery bodes well for economy2014-06-10
- Exports of Chinese PV products plummet in H12013-08-12
- Exports, spending "to ebb"2013-08-08
- China-Russia freight railway resumes service2013-08-05
- Export weakness erodes employment2013-07-15
- Export fair to boost trade ties between Vietnam, China's Zhejiang2013-05-14
- China-Russia cooperation has huge potential: Russian experts2012-12-05
- Export rebates offered on financial leasing at N. China port2012-08-06
- Exports of Chinese electronic products slow last year2012-02-28
- Export prices set to rise2011-04-25
- Exports of TCM reaches $1.46b: official2010-08-09