Beijing's Zhongguancun focuses on serving innovation, start-ups
Under the plan, the area will cover key universities such as Peking and Tsinghua and electronics shopping centers. Some 36 office buildings are on both sides of the street, which houses more than 6,000 companies.
The street will shift to providing services to boost technological financing, innovation and business start-ups, creative culture as well as industries related to information, big data and smart hardware.
"After the transformation, the street will be a window for the outside to see the achievements in innovation and start-ups of Zhongguancun," said Yan Xiumin, deputy director of the Zhongguancun Haidian Park.
In June 2014, a 220-meter-long section of the street started transformation and has attracted nearly 40 companies serving business start-ups.
The street aims to realize a remarkable improvement in serving innovation by 2020.
The technological area based in Haidian District is the country's first innovation demonstration zone approved by the State Council in 2009 and aims to become a technological innovation center with global influence.
In the first eight months, revenue of the high-tech firms in Zhongguancun reached 2.1 trillion yuan (333 billion U.S. dollars), up 10.8 percent year-on-year.
- Beijing opens service sector wider to spur vitality2015-05-22
- Beijing's GDP exceeds 2 trillion yuan in 20142015-01-23
- Beijing boosts development of seed industry2014-06-04
- Beijing's tech trade spurs economic transformation2014-04-03
- Beijing land sales likely to set new monthly record2014-01-20
- Beijing sets 2014 GDP growth target2013-12-30
- Beijing speeds up APEC site construction2013-12-25
- Beijing property sales increase Jan-July2012-08-14
- Beijing's commercial housing sales down 18 pct in Jan-Oct period2011-11-15
- Beijing to revoke qualifications of 477 real estate enterprises2011-11-11
- Beijing to build China's largest manufacturing base for new-energy vehicle components2011-09-27
- Beijing to spend heavily to develop strategic emerging industries2011-09-05
- Beijing, Shanghai enjoy highest GDP quality in China: report2011-08-01
- Beijing receives fund injections to develop service industry2011-07-14
- Beijing relaunches idle airport to tap low-altitude flight market2011-06-29
- Beijing sees 9 pct more overseas tourist arrivals in April2011-05-16
- Beijing-Shanghai high-speed rail runs trial operation2011-05-12
- Beijing's Q1-Q3 foreign trade rises by nearly 50%2010-10-16
- Tracks being laid for Beijing section of Beijing-Shanghai high-speed railway2010-08-18