China-ASEAN trade growing on deeper integration
Trade between China and the ASEAN rose 1.6 percent year on year to reach 224 billion U.S. dollars in the first six months of the year, accounting for 12 percent of China's total foreign trade, Vice Commerce Minister Gao Yan said.
Gao made the remarks at a press briefing of the 12th China-ASEAN Expo which will be held in the Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region between Sept. 18 and 21.
Trade between China and the ASEAN reached 480 billion U.S. dollars last year, up 8.23 percent.
China has been the largest trading partner of the ASEAN since 2009, and the ASEAN has been China's third largest since 2010.
The China-ASEAN Expo played an important role, Gao said.
Progress has been made in negotiations on upgrading the China-ASEAN Free Trade Area (CAFTA) since August, Gao said, adding that a deal is expected by the end of this year.
Launched in 2010, the CAFTA has become the world's largest free trade area among developing economies, covering a total population of 1.9 billion. In 2013, Chinese Premier Li Keqiang proposed a CAFTA upgrade, with the aim of expanding trade to 1 trillion U.S. dollars by 2020.
Talks on a Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) have been fruitful. "Remarkable progress" has been made in seven areas including goods and services trading, investment and IPR policies, Gao said.
The RCEP is a proposed free trade agreement between the ASEAN members and Australia, China, India, Japan, New Zealand and the Republic of Korea.
Those countries account for 48 percent of the world's population and 30 percent of the world's economic output.
- RMB internationalization a delicate issue2010-08-20
- China-ASEAN solar energy forum kicks off in Yunnan2010-08-05
- China-ASEAN trade up 1.2 pct in Jan.-May2014-06-12
- China-ASEAN trade tranquil despite disturbance2014-06-10
- China-ASEAN trade to bloom on new target2013-10-12
- China-ASEAN cooperation drives investment westward2013-09-03
- China-ASEAN trade to hit 500 bln USD2013-07-24
- China-ASEAN Bonded Logistics Port to be finished in 5 years2013-02-27
- China-ASEAN Business Travel Seminar held in Shilin2012-12-21
- China-ASEAN agriculture forum held in Kunming2012-10-31
- China-ASEAN legal cooperation center established in Hainan2012-03-28
- China-ASEAN trade increased 36 times in past two decades2011-12-19
- China-ASEAN auto expo kicks off in south China city2011-12-09
- China-ASEAN 2011 bilateral trade to hit record high2011-11-21
- China-ASEAN Free Trade Area benefits both sides: Chinese Commerce Minister2011-11-15
- China-ASEAN Expo boosts economic cooperation, mutual trust2011-10-27
- China-ASEAN Business and Investment Summit starts2011-10-24
- China-ASEAN fund invests 50 mln USD in Laos potash plant2011-10-24
- China-ASEAN trade to keep steady growth in H2: official2011-08-04
- China-ASEAN trade to top 300 bln U.S. dollars this year: official2011-06-07
- China-ASEAN FTA works on win-win for all2011-05-24
- Malaysian exports under China-ASEAN FTA rise2011-03-17
- Indonesia, Philippines to boost trade, investment2011-03-09
- Yunnan's trade with ASEAN up 45% in 20102011-02-14
- China-ASEAN Economic & Trade Promotion Association was established2011-02-11
- China-ASEAN Foreign Ministers’ Meeting was held in Kunming2011-01-28
- ASEAN foreign ministers: regional peace and prosperity2011-01-26
- China-ASEAN foreign ministers to meet in Yunnan on ties2011-01-17
- China-ASEAN FTA adds new vitality into Sino-Philippine economic and trade cooperation: official2011-01-17
- Bank of China launches yuan services in New York2011-01-13
- Jewelry exhibition held in 7th China-ASEAN Expo2010-10-23
- Rosewood products at 7th China-ASEAN Expo2010-10-22
- 7th China-ASEAN Expo opens to provide new opportunities, witness fruits of CAFTA2010-10-20
- China-ASEAN Business and Investment Summit kicks off2010-10-19
- 7th China-Asean Expo kicks off2010-10-19
- Beijing's Q1-Q3 foreign trade rises by nearly 50%2010-10-16
- China-ASEAN agriculture forum held in Kunming2010-10-12
- China-ASEAN Industry Co-op Conference oncoming in Kunming2010-09-17
- China-ASEAN Industry Cooperation Conference to kick off in Kunming2010-09-14
- China vows to enhance facilitation under ASEAN Plus Three mechanism2010-08-27
- Guangxi external trade up 36.7% in first seven months2010-08-14
- Foreign Trade Policy to Give Priority to Stability in the Latter Half of the Year and Export Rebates for High Consumption Products to Possibly Be Fine-Tuned2010-08-13
- China-ASEAN Free Trade Area Starts Operation2010-01-06