RMB exchange rate to be stable in 2015: CICC
"Despite the weaker spot exchange rate of the Renminbi against the dollar, the appreciation of the central parity rate highlights the People's Bank of China's (PBOC) policy intention to stabilize the exchange rate," said the report.
China recorded a current account surplus of 152.7 billion U.S. dollars in the first three quarters of 2014, which represented 2.2 percent of the GDP. The figure is expected to rise further to 3 percent in 2015, according to CICC.
China also recorded a large capital account surplus of 68.7 billion U.S. dollars over the first three quarters of 2014. With China's economic risk falling, it is expected that the country will continue to run a capital account surplus in 2015. Twin surpluses should help support the Renminbi exchange rate against the dollar, said the CICC.
CICC forecast that the central parity rate for Renminbi against the dollar will be 6.13 at end-2014 and the spot exchange rate 6.22. The central parity rate is expected to be 6.11 at end-2015 and the spot exchange rate to be 6.20.
The value of the Renminbi weakened by 19 basis points to 6.1205 against the U.S. dollar in its central parity rate on Monday, according to the China Foreign Exchange Trading System.
In China's spot foreign exchange market, the yuan is allowed to rise or fall by 2 percent from the central parity rate each trading day. The central parity rate of the yuan against the U.S. dollar is based on a weighted average of prices offered by market makers before the opening of the interbank market each business day.
- Bankers at Dianchi forum note nuances settling trade in RMB2010-07-29
- RMB internationalization a delicate issue2010-08-20
- Inauguration of Trail Operation of Yunnan Cross-border RMB Settlement Center in 27th July2010-07-29
- RMB to become world's 3rd largest in middle term: Chinese institute2014-10-16
- RMB internationalization boosts trade, investment: vice FM minister2014-10-09
- RMB to be third largest international currency by 2020: report2014-07-22
- RMB in full vogue in South Korea2014-07-02
- RMB depreciation not long-term: expert2014-05-08
- RMB to be global reserve currency by 2030: Economist2014-04-10
- CICC expects China GDP to grow 7.3 pct2014-03-26
- RMB goes further on market-oriented course in 20142014-01-17
- RMB clearing services to debut in UK2013-12-03
- RMB joins list of most-traded currencies: BIS2013-09-09
- RMB status moving closer to USD and Euro2013-07-15
- RMB appreciation stimulates outbound travel2013-06-19
- RMB appreciation room limited despite recent strengthening: experts2012-10-25
- RMB 800 million to build agricultural products trade center in Kunming2012-10-16
- RMB deposits in Singapore at around 60 bln yuan: C. Bank2012-06-14
- RMB Settlement Service gains endorsement in Malaysia2012-04-26
- RMB globalization "unstoppable," but with speculative risks: China Ex-Im Bank president2012-03-13
- RMB becomes new international currency: HK financial secretary2012-01-17
- RMB's appreciation to remain gradual2011-09-13
- RMB3 bln to be invested for Zhaotong’s industry development2011-03-07
- Survey: RMB popular for overseas settlement2011-01-25
- RMB 2 bln put to build Pan-Asia auto parts trade city in Yunnan2010-12-07
- RMB 107.39 bln from other provinces used in Yunnan in 1st three quarters of 20102010-11-03
- RMB500 million Dalian fund for SMEs2010-06-25