RMB internationalization boosts trade, investment: vice FM minister
"The RMB's pace of internationalization has picked up in recent years," he said during a press briefing.
When asked to comment on the prospect of China's trade with European countries, Wang said China has reached agreements with some countries on RMB settlement.
"Agreements with Germany and Britain have surely boosted bilateral trade and investment, as they offer more channels for two-way trade," Wang said.
China's trade volumes with Germany, Italy and European Union from January to August this year have grown by 12.2 percent,11 percent and nearly 12 percent respectively, Wang said, citing official figures.
"This can be partly attributed to the RMB's pace of internationalization," Wang said.
The briefing came ahead of Premier Li Keqiang's upcoming visit to Germany, Russia, Italy and the UN Food and Agricultural Organization headquarters from Oct. 9 to 15
- Bankers at Dianchi forum note nuances settling trade in RMB2010-07-29
- RMB internationalization a delicate issue2010-08-20
- Inauguration of Trail Operation of Yunnan Cross-border RMB Settlement Center in 27th July2010-07-29
- RMB to be third largest international currency by 2020: report2014-07-22
- RMB in full vogue in South Korea2014-07-02
- RMB depreciation not long-term: expert2014-05-08
- RMB to be global reserve currency by 2030: Economist2014-04-10
- RMB goes further on market-oriented course in 20142014-01-17
- RMB clearing services to debut in UK2013-12-03
- RMB joins list of most-traded currencies: BIS2013-09-09
- RMB status moving closer to USD and Euro2013-07-15
- RMB appreciation stimulates outbound travel2013-06-19
- RMB appreciation room limited despite recent strengthening: experts2012-10-25
- RMB 800 million to build agricultural products trade center in Kunming2012-10-16
- RMB deposits in Singapore at around 60 bln yuan: C. Bank2012-06-14
- RMB Settlement Service gains endorsement in Malaysia2012-04-26
- RMB globalization "unstoppable," but with speculative risks: China Ex-Im Bank president2012-03-13
- RMB becomes new international currency: HK financial secretary2012-01-17
- RMB's appreciation to remain gradual2011-09-13
- Indonesia, Philippines to boost trade, investment2011-03-09
- RMB3 bln to be invested for Zhaotong’s industry development2011-03-07
- Yunnan's trade with ASEAN up 45% in 20102011-02-14
- Survey: RMB popular for overseas settlement2011-01-25
- Yuan internationalization a big step for world monetary reform: China official2011-01-15
- Bank of China launches yuan services in New York2011-01-13
- RMB 2 bln put to build Pan-Asia auto parts trade city in Yunnan2010-12-07
- RMB 107.39 bln from other provinces used in Yunnan in 1st three quarters of 20102010-11-03
- Beijing's Q1-Q3 foreign trade rises by nearly 50%2010-10-16
- China vows to enhance facilitation under ASEAN Plus Three mechanism2010-08-27
- Guangxi external trade up 36.7% in first seven months2010-08-14
- Foreign Trade Policy to Give Priority to Stability in the Latter Half of the Year and Export Rebates for High Consumption Products to Possibly Be Fine-Tuned2010-08-13
- RMB500 million Dalian fund for SMEs2010-06-25