RMB to be third largest international currency by 2020: report
A report by the International Monetary Institute of Renmin University of China and the Bank of Communications, published on Sunday, said that the RMB internationalization index had risen to 1.69 by the end of 2013 from 0.92 a year before.
The main impetuses for the internationalization of the RMB come from cross-border trade settlement and direct investment.
In 2013, China's cross-border RMB trade settlement hit 4.63 trillion yuan (759 billion U.S. dollars), up 57.5 percent year on year, and RMB direct investment totaled 534 billion yuan, up 90 percent year on year.
The institute and the bank have been jointly issuing RMB internationalization reports annually since 2012.
- Bankers at Dianchi forum note nuances settling trade in RMB2010-07-29
- RMB internationalization a delicate issue2010-08-20
- Inauguration of Trail Operation of Yunnan Cross-border RMB Settlement Center in 27th July2010-07-29
- RMB in full vogue in South Korea2014-07-02
- RMB depreciation not long-term: expert2014-05-08
- RMB to be global reserve currency by 2030: Economist2014-04-10
- RMB goes further on market-oriented course in 20142014-01-17
- RMB clearing services to debut in UK2013-12-03
- RMB joins list of most-traded currencies: BIS2013-09-09
- RMB status moving closer to USD and Euro2013-07-15
- RMB appreciation stimulates outbound travel2013-06-19
- RMB appreciation room limited despite recent strengthening: experts2012-10-25
- RMB 800 million to build agricultural products trade center in Kunming2012-10-16
- RMB deposits in Singapore at around 60 bln yuan: C. Bank2012-06-14
- RMB Settlement Service gains endorsement in Malaysia2012-04-26
- RMB globalization "unstoppable," but with speculative risks: China Ex-Im Bank president2012-03-13
- RMB becomes new international currency: HK financial secretary2012-01-17
- RMB's appreciation to remain gradual2011-09-13
- RMB3 bln to be invested for Zhaotong’s industry development2011-03-07
- Survey: RMB popular for overseas settlement2011-01-25
- ISE Foundation to establish international college in Yunnan2011-01-18
- RMB 2 bln put to build Pan-Asia auto parts trade city in Yunnan2010-12-07
- RMB 107.39 bln from other provinces used in Yunnan in 1st three quarters of 20102010-11-03
- Kunming launches construction of international land port2010-09-30
- The 7th China (Beijing) International Steel Tube Industry Exposition, 2010 oncoming2010-08-16
- Laying International Trade Market Project2010-08-11
- RMB500 million Dalian fund for SMEs2010-06-25