China-ASEAN trade up 1.2 pct in Jan.-May
The growth came amid a 2.2-percent decline in China's general trade during the same period in yuan-denominated calculations, according to the data released by the General Administration of Customs.
During the January-May period, Chinese exports to ASEAN expanded 4.1 percent to 621.01 billion yuan, compared with a 2.7 percent drop in the nation's general exports, the data showed.
Meanwhile, imports from the ASEAN went down 2.2 percent to 498.57 billion yuan, with the drop deeper than a 1.6 percent decline in the nation's general imports, the data showed.
Analysts said that economic cooperation between China and the ASEAN has remained stable, even though political and economic instability in some ASEAN countries has brought down bilateral trade growth from a high gear since the first quarter of the year.
But trade has proved resilient despite the ambivalent world economic recovery and growing protectionism. Trade rose 10.9 percent to 444 billion U.S. dollars in 2013, exceeding the 7.6 percent increase in China's total foreign trade.
China is the largest trading partner of ASEAN and ASEAN has emerged as China's third largest partner, a major investment destination and an important tourist destination.
- RMB internationalization a delicate issue2010-08-20
- China-ASEAN solar energy forum kicks off in Yunnan2010-08-05
- China-ASEAN trade tranquil despite disturbance2014-06-10
- China-ASEAN trade to bloom on new target2013-10-12
- China-ASEAN cooperation drives investment westward2013-09-03
- China-ASEAN trade to hit 500 bln USD2013-07-24
- China-ASEAN Bonded Logistics Port to be finished in 5 years2013-02-27
- China-ASEAN Business Travel Seminar held in Shilin2012-12-21
- China-ASEAN agriculture forum held in Kunming2012-10-31
- China-ASEAN legal cooperation center established in Hainan2012-03-28
- China-ASEAN trade increased 36 times in past two decades2011-12-19
- China-ASEAN auto expo kicks off in south China city2011-12-09
- China-ASEAN 2011 bilateral trade to hit record high2011-11-21
- China-ASEAN Free Trade Area benefits both sides: Chinese Commerce Minister2011-11-15
- China-ASEAN Expo boosts economic cooperation, mutual trust2011-10-27
- China-ASEAN Business and Investment Summit starts2011-10-24
- China-ASEAN fund invests 50 mln USD in Laos potash plant2011-10-24
- China-ASEAN trade to keep steady growth in H2: official2011-08-04
- China-ASEAN trade to top 300 bln U.S. dollars this year: official2011-06-07
- China-ASEAN FTA works on win-win for all2011-05-24
- Malaysian exports under China-ASEAN FTA rise2011-03-17
- Indonesia, Philippines to boost trade, investment2011-03-09
- Yunnan's trade with ASEAN up 45% in 20102011-02-14
- China-ASEAN Economic & Trade Promotion Association was established2011-02-11
- China-ASEAN Foreign Ministers’ Meeting was held in Kunming2011-01-28
- ASEAN foreign ministers: regional peace and prosperity2011-01-26
- China-ASEAN FTA adds new vitality into Sino-Philippine economic and trade cooperation: official2011-01-17
- China-ASEAN foreign ministers to meet in Yunnan on ties2011-01-17
- Bank of China launches yuan services in New York2011-01-13
- Jewelry exhibition held in 7th China-ASEAN Expo2010-10-23
- Rosewood products at 7th China-ASEAN Expo2010-10-22
- 7th China-ASEAN Expo opens to provide new opportunities, witness fruits of CAFTA2010-10-20
- China-ASEAN Business and Investment Summit kicks off2010-10-19
- 7th China-Asean Expo kicks off2010-10-19
- Beijing's Q1-Q3 foreign trade rises by nearly 50%2010-10-16
- China-ASEAN agriculture forum held in Kunming2010-10-12
- China-ASEAN Industry Co-op Conference oncoming in Kunming2010-09-17
- China-ASEAN Industry Cooperation Conference to kick off in Kunming2010-09-14
- China vows to enhance facilitation under ASEAN Plus Three mechanism2010-08-27
- Guangxi external trade up 36.7% in first seven months2010-08-14
- Foreign Trade Policy to Give Priority to Stability in the Latter Half of the Year and Export Rebates for High Consumption Products to Possibly Be Fine-Tuned2010-08-13
- China-ASEAN Free Trade Area Starts Operation2010-01-06