China-central Asia trade seeing fast growth
Bilateral trade between China and Kazakhstan rose to 28.6 billion U.S. dollars while that between China and Uzbekistan topped 4 billion U.S. dollars, up 11.3 percent and 58.3 percent respectively, Ministry of Commerce (MOC) spokesman Yao Jian said.
With such momentum, a trade target of 40 billion U.S. dollars set for China and Kazakhstan by 2015 and one of 5 billion U.S. dollars for China and Uzbekistan by 2017 are expected to be met, Yao added.
In a speech at Kazakhstan's Nazarbayev University last September, Chinese President Xi Jinping proposed to establish a Silk Road Economic Belt, similar to the original, ancient Silk Road of more than 2,000 years ago, to boost cooperation between China and Eurasian countries.
The MOC will continue with measures in this regard, including facilitating cargo transportation and personnel exchange, promoting e-commerce and the use of RMB in settlement, Yao said.
The ministry is considering setting up cross-border economic cooperation zones in places "where conditions are ripe," he added.
- RMB internationalization a delicate issue2010-08-20
- Asian media pledge to build mutual bridges2013-12-12
- Asia Arts Festival volunteers: training for more smiles2013-11-05
- Asian demand compensates for falling NZ primary export prices2012-06-12
- Asia has ample room to fight eurozone turmoil spillovers: IMF official2012-02-02
- Asia's development needs coordinator2011-11-18
- Asia's biggest mobile generator car settles in Kunming2011-05-19
- Asia's biggest mobile generator car settles in Kunming2011-05-18
- Indonesia, Philippines to boost trade, investment2011-03-09
- Yunnan's trade with ASEAN up 45% in 20102011-02-14
- Philippine GDP soars to 20-year high of 7.3 pct2011-02-01
- Bank of China launches yuan services in New York2011-01-13
- Beijing's Q1-Q3 foreign trade rises by nearly 50%2010-10-16
- China vows to enhance facilitation under ASEAN Plus Three mechanism2010-08-27
- Guangxi external trade up 36.7% in first seven months2010-08-14
- Foreign Trade Policy to Give Priority to Stability in the Latter Half of the Year and Export Rebates for High Consumption Products to Possibly Be Fine-Tuned2010-08-13
- Closing in on dream of Asia shipping hub2009-09-11