Myanmar plans to build one more overpass in Yangon
The estimated 17-million-U.S-dollars Myaenigone overpass bridge construction project is located at one of the most traffic- congested areas in the former capital.
The flyover construction will be carried out as a special project of Yangon Region Government in the fiscal year 2014-15, which begins in April, said the Eleven News.
The contract for the project is yet to be signed.
Despite completion of three main overpass bridges, traffic jam still remains, adding to the inconvenience of the public.
The overpasses already built are those of Hledan, Shwegondaing and Bayintnaung where traffic jam occurred almost all day round.
According to the city's road transport administration, the number of motor vehicles operating in Myanmar stood at 3.9 million as of September 2013, including 3.347 million motorcycles, 382, 816 passenger cars, 102,537 trucks and 20,504 buses.
Yangon has a population of more than 6 million and an area of 795 square kilometers.
- Myanmar president calls for development of traditional medicine2013-12-31
- Myanmar to introduce travel insurance services to foreign visitors2013-12-31
- Myanmar launches travel master card for local citizens2013-11-08
- Myanmar ministry, Chinese company sign MoU on Clean Development Management project2013-09-03
- Myanmar-China gas pipeline starts to deliver gas to China2013-07-29
- Myanmar gov't signs amendment contract with local, foreign investors for copper mine project2013-07-25
- Myanmar to transform Mandalay Int'l airport into logistics hub2013-07-23
- Myanmar plans to disseminate agricultural knowledge for farmers via air2013-07-11
- Myanmar introduces one more border trade point with Thailand2013-05-23
- Myanmar allows business companies to open foreign exchange counters2013-03-13
- Myanmar's border trade hits 2.7 bln USD in 10 months2013-02-01
- Myanmar agro-tech expo to be held in Yangon in March2013-01-23
- Myanmar's marine export earns over 470 mln USD in 9 months2013-01-17
- Myanmar-Yunnan Trade Tops $1.7 Billion2012-12-17
- Myanmar needs to harness energy resources to power growth: ADB2012-11-30
- Myanmar to hold second green economy forum2012-11-09
- Myanmar global investment forum held in Nay Pyi Taw2012-09-14
- Myanmar, Japan make progress in economic cooperation2012-09-03
- Myanmar to introduce int'l bank cards services successively2012-08-31
- Myanmar to launch Yangon ICT fair next month2012-08-02
- Myanmar extends commercial tax exemption to July2012-02-03
- Yangon expo 2011 to be launched in Myanmar2011-11-23
- Yangon int'l airport sees over 600,000 tourists this year2011-11-21
- Myanmar braces for more tourists in open season2011-09-02
- Myanmar becomes Yunnan's largest trading partner2011-05-20
- Myanmar-China border trade fair launched in Muse2011-05-03
- Myanmar's liberalization of banking sector attracts more foreign bankers engagement2011-03-23
- Myanmar to open media corners to develop media industry2011-03-15
- Myanmar, Malaysian entrepreneurs to promote business cooperation2011-03-07
- Myanmar airline launches Yangon-Guangzhou direct flight service2011-03-05
- Myanmar airline launches route to Cambodia's Angkor Wat2011-02-25
- Myanmar will launch direct flights to Cambodia2011-02-11
- Myanmar to privatize 90 pct of state-owned industries this year2011-01-13
- Myanmar works for booming tourism through int'l activities2010-12-22
- Myanmar-China border trade fair-2010 put off2010-12-14
- Myanmar hosts ASEAN ports association meeting in Yangon2010-09-26
- Myanmar eyes more trade cooperation with China's developed regions: top leader2010-09-11
- Myanmar's top leader begins a five-day state visit to China2010-09-09
- Myanmar's top leader to visit China2010-09-03
- Myanmar agricultural experts to undergo training in China2009-09-03