RMB status moving closer to USD and Euro
The white paper was carried out by the Bank of China on its cross-border RMB business. It is based on the results of 3000 questionnaires from both its domestic and foreign clients which covered the majority of countries and regions trading with China.
The use of RMB in cross-border trade, representing 11 percent of all transactions at the end of May, witnessed a sharp increase since the pilot cross-border RMB settlement was launched in July, 2009. The volume of cross-border RMB settlement in the Bank of China amounted to 1.6 trillion yuan during the first half of this year.
The White Paper suggests that most of the questionnaire respondents maintain positive expectations for the internationalization of RMB and more than half of those polled believe the volume of cross-border RMB settlement would account for 20-30 percent of all cross border settlements in the coming five years.
Among the findings of the questionnaire, 77 percent of Chinese domestic clients and 61 percent of foreign clients plan to utilize RMB in cross-border trade or further improve RMB settlement ratio; while the amount of foreign clients willing to use RMB this year, compared to those taking the questionnaire in 2012, rose by 7 percent.
- Bankers at Dianchi forum note nuances settling trade in RMB2010-07-29
- RMB internationalization a delicate issue2010-08-20
- Inauguration of Trail Operation of Yunnan Cross-border RMB Settlement Center in 27th July2010-07-29
- RMB appreciation stimulates outbound travel2013-06-19
- Europe attracts more Chinese investment than U.S. in two years: report2013-02-26
- European diplomats visit Yunnan's poverty-stricken area2012-12-03
- RMB appreciation room limited despite recent strengthening: experts2012-10-25
- RMB 800 million to build agricultural products trade center in Kunming2012-10-16
- RMB deposits in Singapore at around 60 bln yuan: C. Bank2012-06-14
- RMB Settlement Service gains endorsement in Malaysia2012-04-26
- European 'City' targets Chinese entrepreneurs2012-04-06
- RMB globalization "unstoppable," but with speculative risks: China Ex-Im Bank president2012-03-13
- RMB becomes new international currency: HK financial secretary2012-01-17
- RMB's appreciation to remain gradual2011-09-13
- RMB3 bln to be invested for Zhaotong’s industry development2011-03-07
- Survey: RMB popular for overseas settlement2011-01-25
- RMB 2 bln put to build Pan-Asia auto parts trade city in Yunnan2010-12-07
- RMB 107.39 bln from other provinces used in Yunnan in 1st three quarters of 20102010-11-03
- RMB500 million Dalian fund for SMEs2010-06-25