Myanmar plans to disseminate agricultural knowledge for farmers via air
The Farmers Channel will be launched on trial by state-run Myanmar Radio and Television in September, U Information Minister Aung Kyi was quoted by the New Light of Myanmar as saying at the coordination meeting broadcasting live Tuesday.
U Aung Kyi said that the channel would serve the farmers and help the country boost agricultural production.
It would play a part in assisting in agricultural plans and promoting socio-economic life of the Myanmar people, he added.
Minister for Agriculture and Irrigation U Myint Hlaing also called on agricultural experts to educate farmers on all agricultural sectors and to take part in the question and answer session with farmers on the channel.
Some 70 percent of the population in Myanmar rely mainly on agriculture for a living.
Meanwhile, the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) will offer low-interest loans for Myanmar's agricultural development.
The government is also increasing agricultural loan to farmers to address their need in the sector.
Farmers aim to boost production for food sufficiency as Myanmar 's population is expected to reach about 100 million in the next 30 years.
- Myanmar introduces one more border trade point with Thailand2013-05-23
- Myanmar allows business companies to open foreign exchange counters2013-03-13
- Myanmar's border trade hits 2.7 bln USD in 10 months2013-02-01
- Myanmar agro-tech expo to be held in Yangon in March2013-01-23
- Myanmar's marine export earns over 470 mln USD in 9 months2013-01-17
- Myanmar-Yunnan Trade Tops $1.7 Billion2012-12-17
- Myanmar needs to harness energy resources to power growth: ADB2012-11-30
- Myanmar to hold second green economy forum2012-11-09
- Myanmar global investment forum held in Nay Pyi Taw2012-09-14
- Myanmar, Japan make progress in economic cooperation2012-09-03
- Myanmar to introduce int'l bank cards services successively2012-08-31
- Myanmar to launch Yangon ICT fair next month2012-08-02
- Myanmar extends commercial tax exemption to July2012-02-03
- Myanmar braces for more tourists in open season2011-09-02
- Myanmar becomes Yunnan's largest trading partner2011-05-20
- Myanmar-China border trade fair launched in Muse2011-05-03
- Myanmar's liberalization of banking sector attracts more foreign bankers engagement2011-03-23
- Myanmar to open media corners to develop media industry2011-03-15
- Myanmar, Malaysian entrepreneurs to promote business cooperation2011-03-07
- Myanmar airline launches Yangon-Guangzhou direct flight service2011-03-05
- Myanmar airline launches route to Cambodia's Angkor Wat2011-02-25
- Myanmar will launch direct flights to Cambodia2011-02-11
- Myanmar to privatize 90 pct of state-owned industries this year2011-01-13
- Myanmar works for booming tourism through int'l activities2010-12-22
- Myanmar-China border trade fair-2010 put off2010-12-14
- China’s Major Agricultural Prices in 200 Main Produced Counties（Sept 20-30, 2010）2010-10-11
- Myanmar hosts ASEAN ports association meeting in Yangon2010-09-26
- Major Agricultural Prices in 200 Main Produced Counties(Sept01-10, 2010)2010-09-20
- Myanmar eyes more trade cooperation with China's developed regions: top leader2010-09-11
- Myanmar's top leader begins a five-day state visit to China2010-09-09
- Myanmar's top leader to visit China2010-09-03
- Myanmar agricultural experts to undergo training in China2009-09-03