Myanmar to hold second green economy forum
Organized by Myanmar Green Economy and Green Growth (GEGG) Association, the forum will take place in Nay Phi Taw from Nov. 13 to 15 and in Yangon on Nov. 16
A total of about 80 environmental experts from foreign countries and about 20 Myanmar experts will attend the forum, the organizer said.
The experts will discuss on 18 topics such as enabling policies and strategies, role and application of natural capital in economic development, enabling low carbon development for green economy pathway, renewable and low-carbon energy for people and business green growth in Myanmar, energy, water, food security, forests and people for sustainability and equity, sustainable and responsible tourist and long distance learning for sustainbality and natural resource management.
GEGG Association was established in April, 2011 to foster national and international partnership and mobilize knowledge and resources to support the programs and projects of Myanmar.
The first Green Economy and Green Growth Forum was held in Nay Phi Taw and Yangon in November, 2011, which was organized by former UN Assistant Secretary-General Dr. Nay Tun in cooperation with governmental and non-governmental organizations. International experts from eight countries presented their experiences and strategies and pointed out possible alternatives for Myanmar.
- Forum held to promote tourism around Shangrila2010-09-16
- PPRD forum opens in southeast China, highlighting regional cooperation2010-08-28
- Myanmar global investment forum held in Nay Pyi Taw2012-09-14
- Myanmar, Japan make progress in economic cooperation2012-09-03
- Myanmar to introduce int'l bank cards services successively2012-08-31
- Myanmar to launch Yangon ICT fair next month2012-08-02
- Myanmar extends commercial tax exemption to July2012-02-03
- Myanmar braces for more tourists in open season2011-09-02
- Myanmar becomes Yunnan's largest trading partner2011-05-20
- Myanmar-China border trade fair launched in Muse2011-05-03
- China's economy for kids to double within 5 years: report2011-03-28
- Myanmar's liberalization of banking sector attracts more foreign bankers engagement2011-03-23
- Myanmar to open media corners to develop media industry2011-03-15
- Myanmar, Malaysian entrepreneurs to promote business cooperation2011-03-07
- Myanmar airline launches Yangon-Guangzhou direct flight service2011-03-05
- Myanmar airline launches route to Cambodia's Angkor Wat2011-02-25
- Myanmar will launch direct flights to Cambodia2011-02-11
- Kunming’s total economy value in 2010 rose by 14% over 20092011-01-28
- Myanmar to privatize 90 pct of state-owned industries this year2011-01-13
- Myanmar works for booming tourism through int'l activities2010-12-22
- Myanmar-China border trade fair-2010 put off2010-12-14
- Myanmar hosts ASEAN ports association meeting in Yangon2010-09-26
- Myanmar eyes more trade cooperation with China's developed regions: top leader2010-09-11
- Myanmar's top leader begins a five-day state visit to China2010-09-09
- Myanmar's top leader to visit China2010-09-03
- Myanmar agricultural experts to undergo training in China2009-09-03