Myanmar global investment forum held in Nay Pyi Taw
Organized by Myanmar Investment Commission and Hong Kong-based Euromoney Institutional Investor (JERSEY) Ltd, the forum was inaugurated by President U Thein Sein.
New Myanmar Minister of Finance and Revenue U Win Shein told the forum about the country's amendment of tax law, revocation of revenue law, enacting of microfinance services law, adjustment of interest rate.
Vice governor of the Central Bank of Myanmar and local and foreign businessmen discussed matters on banking development and market transparency, which was followed by clarification by Deputy Energy Minister U Htin Aung on the country's energy sector including potentials for production of oil and gas and future prospects.
The participants also discussed sustainable development of oil and gas in Myanmar, Myanmar's Foreign Investment Law, robust investment and private investment.
Meanwhile, on Sept. 7, Myanmar's parliament passed a new foreign investment law amendment bill to replace the 1988 Foreign Investment Law in a bid to attract more foreign investment to the country in line with its reform strategy.
The amended foreign investment bill, which removes much of its restrictions previously drafted, is expected to be endorsed soon by the president for promulgation as law.
Foreign investment in Myanmar had hit 41.086 billion U.S. dollars in 485 projects as of July 2012 since the country opened to such investment in late 1988.
- Forum held to promote tourism around Shangrila2010-09-16
- PPRD forum opens in southeast China, highlighting regional cooperation2010-08-28
- Myanmar, Japan make progress in economic cooperation2012-09-03
- Myanmar to introduce int'l bank cards services successively2012-08-31
- Myanmar to launch Yangon ICT fair next month2012-08-02
- Myanmar extends commercial tax exemption to July2012-02-03
- Myanmar braces for more tourists in open season2011-09-02
- Myanmar becomes Yunnan's largest trading partner2011-05-20
- Myanmar-China border trade fair launched in Muse2011-05-03
- Myanmar's liberalization of banking sector attracts more foreign bankers engagement2011-03-23
- Myanmar to open media corners to develop media industry2011-03-15
- Myanmar, Malaysian entrepreneurs to promote business cooperation2011-03-07
- Myanmar airline launches Yangon-Guangzhou direct flight service2011-03-05
- Myanmar airline launches route to Cambodia's Angkor Wat2011-02-25
- Myanmar will launch direct flights to Cambodia2011-02-11
- Myanmar to privatize 90 pct of state-owned industries this year2011-01-13
- Myanmar works for booming tourism through int'l activities2010-12-22
- Myanmar-China border trade fair-2010 put off2010-12-14
- Myanmar hosts ASEAN ports association meeting in Yangon2010-09-26
- Myanmar eyes more trade cooperation with China's developed regions: top leader2010-09-11
- Myanmar's top leader begins a five-day state visit to China2010-09-09
- Myanmar's top leader to visit China2010-09-03
- Finance and Investment Research Center set up in Kunming2010-08-28
- Raw Jade Auction Market in Yingjiang County project2010-08-26
- Myanmar agricultural experts to undergo training in China2009-09-03