RMB Settlement Service gains endorsement in Malaysia
The 11 financial institutions that signed up the newly started service include Maybank, CIMB Bank, Public Bank, Hong Leong Bank, RHB Bank, Alliance Bank Malaysia, Bank Islam Malaysia, Bank Muamalat Malaysia and AmBank as well as two investment banks, Hong Leong Investment Bank and OSK Investment Bank.
Bank Negara, the central bank of Malaysia, announced earlier that Renminbi Settlement Service be included in its Real-time Electronic Transfer of Funds and Settlement System ( RENTAS) from March 21, a move which it said would provide a natural hedge against the fluctuations and volatility of other currencies while eliminate settlement risk for Renminbi transactions.
Meanwhile, Bank of China Malaysia was appointed as the onshore settlement institution of the Renminbi Settlement Services.
Zheng Jingbo, Chief Executive Officer of Bank of China Malaysia, said on a seminar earlier this month that Renminbi would be more widely used in the region, as the bilateral trade between China and Malaysia has been booming in recent years.
Mohd Suhail Amar Suresh, Managing Director of Malaysian Electronic Clearing Corporation that runs the service, said the milestone would boost the development of foreign exchange market in Malaysia.
- Bankers at Dianchi forum note nuances settling trade in RMB2010-07-29
- RMB internationalization a delicate issue2010-08-20
- Inauguration of Trail Operation of Yunnan Cross-border RMB Settlement Center in 27th July2010-07-29
- RMB globalization "unstoppable," but with speculative risks: China Ex-Im Bank president2012-03-13
- RMB becomes new international currency: HK financial secretary2012-01-17
- Services industry must improve, say guidelines2011-11-30
- Malaysian, Chinese firms seal 10-bln-USD contracts at Nanning expo2011-10-28
- RMB's appreciation to remain gradual2011-09-13
- Malaysia expects wider ties with China2011-04-02
- Malaysian exports under China-ASEAN FTA rise2011-03-17
- Myanmar, Malaysian entrepreneurs to promote business cooperation2011-03-07
- RMB3 bln to be invested for Zhaotong’s industry development2011-03-07
- Malaysia, India to sign agreement on economic cooperation2011-02-16
- Survey: RMB popular for overseas settlement2011-01-25
- Malaysia may sign free trade pact with S. Korea2010-12-10
- RMB 2 bln put to build Pan-Asia auto parts trade city in Yunnan2010-12-07
- Malaysia can deepen ties with Chinese communities: Malaysian PM2010-12-02
- Malaysia, India to boost capital market activities2010-11-19
- Malaysia never feels being bullied by China: Malaysian official2010-11-10
- RMB 107.39 bln from other provinces used in Yunnan in 1st three quarters of 20102010-11-03
- Service Outsourcing and Its Development Trends2010-07-14
- RMB500 million Dalian fund for SMEs2010-06-25