China-Mexico Business Opportunities Seminar opens in Beijing
A Mexican farm products business delegation and more than 60 Chinese entrepreneurs are attending the seminar. All participating Mexican companies are highly qualified in food production and sales and are licensed to import into China, according to the CCPIT.
Yang Xiaodong, general director of the Business Development and Cooperation Center of the CCPIT, said China is Mexico's second largest trade partner in Asia, and Mexico is the third largest trade partner of China in Latin America.
"This seminar is a good opportunity to bring more and better Mexican farm products to more and more Chinese," Yang said.
He added that China encourages companies from both countries to make full use of the import trade protection platform to develop their cooperation potential and promote the development of bilateral trade relations.
Gabriel Padilla, head of the Mexican delegation, welcomed Chinese companies to invest in Mexico.
"Mexico is a large farm products export country, and with the support of the Chinese government, Mexican exports have increased," Padilla said.
During the seminar, six Mexican business representatives also signed a cooperation agreement with the Business Development and Cooperation Center of the CCPIT.
"The agreement, which is an important aspect of pragmatic cooperation between China and Mexico, will help to deepen bilateral trade relations," Yang said.
- Business climate index, entrepreneur confidence drop in Q32011-10-14
- Beijing to build China's largest manufacturing base for new-energy vehicle components2011-09-27
- Beijing to spend heavily to develop strategic emerging industries2011-09-05
- Beijing, Shanghai enjoy highest GDP quality in China: report2011-08-01
- Beijing receives fund injections to develop service industry2011-07-14
- Beijing relaunches idle airport to tap low-altitude flight market2011-06-29
- Beijing sees 9 pct more overseas tourist arrivals in April2011-05-16
- Beijing-Shanghai high-speed rail runs trial operation2011-05-12
- Business groups in France to visit Kunming for co-operation this year2011-03-04
- Beijing's Q1-Q3 foreign trade rises by nearly 50%2010-10-16
- Tracks being laid for Beijing section of Beijing-Shanghai high-speed railway2010-08-18