Chinese company acquires Europe's third largest electric motor manufacturer
It's another major investment activity of Chinese enterprises in Austria after Xi'an Aircraft Industry (Group) Co. Ltd acquired Austria's Future Advanced Composite Components (FACC) in December, 2009, and the largest acquisition implemented by Chinese enterprises in Austria.
According to the merger plan, all shares and debt of ATB Group, held by Austria's A-TEC Industries AG, have been sold to Chinese Wolong Group and former CEO of ATB Group Christian Schmidt remains in office.
Wolong's Executive Vice President and Vice President of board of supervisors of ATB Wang Jianqiao said at a press conference that, after the acquisition, Wolong Group will supplement needed funds for ATB's operation and achieve the operational integrity in sales, purchasing, logistics, quality and other aspects, relying on own economic strength.
Wolong will also set up a research and development centre in Europe to accelerate new product development and achieve the goal of synchronize development of Wolong and ATB, he added.
Some local media expressed concern about cutbacks in personnel in ATB or relocation of ATB's facilities after the acquisition.
In this regard, Wolong's Board Chairman Chen Jiancheng said, Wolong's purchase of Austria's ATB Group was not just to maintain its existence but also to make it grow. Moreover, Wolong has no tradition of cutting down the staff.
Wolong will not only promote the further development of ATB Group, but will also remain ATB's manufacturing bases unchanged in Europe, he added.
Schmidt noted in the interview with Xinhua that he was very optimistic about the prospects for the future development of ATB.
He believed that technical complementary and the share of market resources, in addition that Wolong has full understanding of the business, must be able to solve the problems occurred in ATB's operation before, expand the global market and form Wolong-ATB into a world famous electric motor manufacturer.
Wolong Holding Group Co. Ltd was founded in 1984, which is a private enterprise engaging in electric industry, real estate and international trade. Wolong owns over 8,000 staff and its annual turnover has reached 10 billion RMB (about 1.57 billion dollars) in 2010.
ATB Group is a well-known Austrian electric motor manufacturer in Europe, which exports its products mainly to other European countries. Over the past decade, ATB has acquired many electric motor manufacturers in Europe, including the best known brands: Shorch, Laulence Scotte, Morley and Brook.
Currently, ATB owns more than 3,000 staff and 10 manufacturing bases in five European countries. In October 2010, the former shareholders of ATB, the A-TEC Industries AG, entered into bankruptcy protection because of inability to pay debts and resulted financial distress of its subsidiary ATB.
- Kunming awarded for best international image2010-10-22
- Chinese president holds talks with Myanmar's top leader on deepening ties2010-09-08
- Chinese, Singaporean presidents vow to bolster ties2010-08-18
- Chinese brewery to open first overseas plant in Bangkok2011-10-18
- Chinese mainland's trade with Macao rises 11.8 pct in first 8 months2011-10-14
- Chinese desalination processors start operating in Indonesia2011-10-13
- Chinese firm builds light rail in Vietnamese capital Hanoi2011-10-11
- Chinese exports price rises as quantity growth slows2011-10-08
- Chinese, Laotian presidents pledge to enhance political, economic ties2011-09-21
- Chinese company invests in animal feed in Vietnam2011-09-20
- Chinese mainland urges accelerating cross-Strait investment protection negotiations2011-09-15
- Chinese, American economists wrap up dialogue aware of challenges and opportunities2011-09-14
- Chinese tire exports decline after WTO ruling2011-09-13
- Chinese expert calls for immediate acceleration of economic transformation2011-09-08
- Chinese company builds highway in northern Vietnam2011-09-06
- Chinese consumer confidence dips slightly in Q2: Nielsen2011-08-25
- Chinese consumer confidence slips2011-08-24
- Chinese economy to grow 9.28% in 20112011-08-23
- Chinese central SOEs net profits up 15.7 pct in first seven months2011-08-22
- Chinese steelmaker aims to become less dependent on foreign ore2011-08-12
- Chinese economy's growth pace fluctuating within normal range2011-08-09
- Chinese software company Kingdee to help train SMEs in Singapore2011-07-29
- Chinese bank forex surplus hits 273.7 bln USD in H12011-07-26
- Chinese automakers seek global growth2011-07-26
- Chinese FM calls for further ASEAN Plus Three cooperation for regional prosperity2011-07-25
- Chinese central SOEs net profits up 14.6 pct in H12011-07-25
- Chinese auto makers need new export model: BAIC chairman2011-07-21
- Chinese ecotourism has yet to fully blossom2011-07-20
- Chinese microcredit companies lend 89.4 bln yuan in H12011-07-20
- Chinese telecom giant ambitious to lead 4G mobile technology2011-07-12
- Chinese consumer confidence drops in June2011-07-12
- Chinese tourism to Japan rebounds2011-06-28
- Chinese tourists are biggest spenders in Australia2011-06-10
- Interview: Chinese economy to have soft landing: Swedish bank senior economist2011-05-11
- Chinese property developers struggle as gov't cools market2011-05-09
- Chinese firms to face global challenges2011-05-06
- Chinese firms face trade, investment barriers2011-04-26
- Chinese official calls for restructuring of SMEs due to rising production costs2011-04-25
- Int’l motor show to hold in Kunming in June2011-04-19
- Chinese vice premier urges balanced trade2011-04-18
- Chinese stocks close higher on tourism, financial sectors2011-04-14
- Chinese firm opens technology training center in Indonesian college2011-04-12
- Chinese gov't boosts the bond markets2011-04-11
- Chinese M&A to focus on domestic consolidation2011-03-30
- China’s ZTE successfully bid for Malaysia wireless network2011-03-19
- Entrepreneurs of Chinese province, Myanmar hold business meeting in Yangon2011-03-15
- Chinese mobile phones will be able to use in Myanmar2011-02-11
- Non-governmental business delegation of the Economic Corridor of China, Laos and Thailand organized investigation trip to Cambodia (schedule 2)2011-01-28
- Korean Air adds more Seoul-Kunming flights2011-01-15
- Singapore-based Armarda in talks to buy China’s firm2010-12-31
- Chinese banks' November forex surplus hits 45.3 bln USD2010-12-24
- Chinese premier, Pakistani president vow to boost ties2010-12-20
- Chinese, Pakistani PMs hold talks to cement strategic cooperative partnership2010-12-18
- China’s renewable energy firms encouraged to invest in U.S. market2010-12-07
- China stocks close higher Wednesday, led by consumer goods producers2010-11-24
- Chinese president puts forward growth proposal at APEC summit2010-11-13
- China, APEC hand in hand towards common development2010-11-11
- Chinese premier meets with Vietnamese Communist Party chief2010-10-30
- Chinese premier calls for deepening East Asian co-op2010-10-30
- Chinese, Indian PMs meet on bilateral relations2010-10-29
- Chinese premier meets with Singaporean counterpart in Hanoi2010-10-29
- Chinese mainland bank sets up 1st representative office in Taiwan2010-09-25
- International fair to tap new energy2010-09-21
- China’s company plans to invest in Cambodia's rice mill2010-09-14
- Chinese gov to improve food safety systems2010-09-03
- Chinese Consumer Price Index (CPI) by Region (July 2010)2010-09-03
- Chinese leaders congratulate Vietnam on 65th National Day2010-09-02
- Chinese, Singaporean trade unions vow closer ties2010-09-01
- Chinese tea being under weather threat -- and milk and sugar2010-08-24
- Chinese products moving up the value chain2010-08-23
- Chinese CPI may peak in Aug: economist2010-08-22
- Chinese fifth jade species:Huanglong jade2010-08-17
- Chinese premier urges development of northeastern China2010-08-17
- Chinese fares gain 2.11% Monday, led by coal producers2010-08-16
- Chinese shares close lower midday Thursday2010-08-05
- In record, 54 Chinese firms hit Global 5002010-07-10
- Chinese banks lent 560b yuan in June2010-07-07
- Chinese Tianjin industrial zone wooes Russian investors2010-06-23
- Chinese vice president concludes Bangladesh tour, starts Laos trip2010-06-19
- Chinese vice premier inspects SW China's Yunnan Province2010-06-04
- Chinese production bases rates highest in Asia2010-06-04
- Chinese electric power companies increases investment in ASEAN2007-10-10