China-ASEAN trade to keep steady growth in H2: official
BEIJING, July 26 (Xinhua) -- China's trade with ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) countries is expected to maintain steady growth in the latter half of this year, after growing by a quarter in the first half, a commerce official said Tuesday.
The optimism is based on the fact that the two sides are at the stage of fast development, Gao Hucheng, Vice Minister of Commerce, said at a press conference.
Gao said he was confident that the bilateral trade value will reach 500 billion U.S. dollars by the end of 2015, considering the current pace of growth.
Bilateral trade rose 25.4 percent to 171.12 billion U.S. dollars year-on-year in the first six months, according to data released by the Ministry of Commerce (MOC).
Over the past 20 years, trade between ASEAN and China increased 37-fold. ASEAN overtook Japan as China's third largest trading partner in the first half of this year, said the ministry earlier this month.
The MOC will continue to facilitate trade and investment between the two sides, Gao said.
He said China does not seek a trade surplus with the ASEAN nations and welcomes more imports.
MOC data shows ASEAN has maintained a trade surplus with China since establishing trade relations with the country. Surplus exceeded 10 billion U.S. dollars in the first six months.
China will also continue to encourage Chinese companies to invest in ASEAN nations, notably in the areas of textiles, iron and steel, ship-making, chemical and auto industries, Gao said.
By the end of June, bilateral investment had reached nearly 80 billion U.S. dollars, according to MOC data.
- RMB internationalization a delicate issue2010-08-20
- China-ASEAN solar energy forum kicks off in Yunnan2010-08-05
- China-ASEAN trade to top 300 bln U.S. dollars this year: official2011-06-07
- China-ASEAN FTA works on win-win for all2011-05-24
- Malaysian exports under China-ASEAN FTA rise2011-03-17
- Indonesia, Philippines to boost trade, investment2011-03-09
- Yunnan's trade with ASEAN up 45% in 20102011-02-14
- China-ASEAN Economic & Trade Promotion Association was established2011-02-11
- Philippine GDP soars to 20-year high of 7.3 pct2011-02-01
- China-ASEAN Foreign Ministers’ Meeting was held in Kunming2011-01-28
- ASEAN foreign ministers: regional peace and prosperity2011-01-26
- China-ASEAN foreign ministers to meet in Yunnan on ties2011-01-17
- China-ASEAN FTA adds new vitality into Sino-Philippine economic and trade cooperation: official2011-01-17
- Bank of China launches yuan services in New York2011-01-13
- Jewelry exhibition held in 7th China-ASEAN Expo2010-10-23
- Rosewood products at 7th China-ASEAN Expo2010-10-22
- 7th China-ASEAN Expo opens to provide new opportunities, witness fruits of CAFTA2010-10-20
- 7th China-Asean Expo kicks off2010-10-19
- China-ASEAN Business and Investment Summit kicks off2010-10-19
- Beijing's Q1-Q3 foreign trade rises by nearly 50%2010-10-16
- China-ASEAN agriculture forum held in Kunming2010-10-12
- China-ASEAN Industry Co-op Conference oncoming in Kunming2010-09-17
- China-ASEAN Industry Cooperation Conference to kick off in Kunming2010-09-14
- China vows to enhance facilitation under ASEAN Plus Three mechanism2010-08-27
- Guangxi external trade up 36.7% in first seven months2010-08-14
- Foreign Trade Policy to Give Priority to Stability in the Latter Half of the Year and Export Rebates for High Consumption Products to Possibly Be Fine-Tuned2010-08-13
- China-ASEAN Free Trade Area Starts Operation2010-01-06