Chinese firm opens technology training center in Indonesian college
The center, at a cost of 1 million U.S. dollars, is part of Huawei's ongoing partnership programs with the Bandung Institute of Technology (ITB).
The new training center was jointly inaugurated by Indonesian Communications and Information (Kominfo) Minister Tifatul Sembiring, Chinese ambassador to Indonesia Zhang Qiyue, West Java Governor Ahmad Heryawan, ITB Dean Professor Akhmaloka Ph.D, Huawei Indonesia CEO Li Wenzhi, among others.
"Support from the technology industry and the private sector generally is essential for us to continue to develop our most important resource, namely our people. This kind of real life training will help our young people and our nation as a whole to be more competitive in the modern world," Tifatul Sembiring said in his remarks to open the training center.
The partnership between ITB and Huawei was first established since 2009, by providing scholarships, internships and sponsorship programs for ITB students. Through the recently-held program, Students Visits, 40 ITB students majoring in Telecommunications Engineering visited Huawei laboratories in Jakarta to see live demonstrations of the firm's latest products and applications in operation.
"The new center is a continuation of our ongoing partnership with Huawei, which is geared towards providing first-hand learning opportunities for students to understand about developments in technology and telecommunications, including the use of Internet protocol," ITB Dean Professor Ahmaloka said.
The establishment of the new training center has taken place against a backdrop of an increasing commitment by the Indonesian Government to boost penetration of data services in the country. The usage level of data services in Indonesia stands at around 45 million users, as of June 2010.
The government has its blueprint known as the National Broadband Network, to drive Internet usage, which is largely based on IP (Internet Protocol) technology, in line with current trends in the telecommunications industry, where All IP Based is the key element of network infrastructure.
In order to respond to the challenges, Indonesia must have capable human resources to manage the technology. However, there was still a gap between the education field and industry requirement.
Therefore, Huawei, as a technology leader, takes the initiative to cooperate with ITB to prepare competent human resources with sufficient knowledge and adequate skills in the use of IP technology. This new training center is comprehensively equipped with data communications technology from Huawei, such as routers, switches and firewalls.
The development of STEI ITB Huawei Training Center is part of Huawei's corporate social responsibility (CSR) program, which is focused on support for the education sector.
"We believe that it is essential for the young people to be equipped with applicable knowledge. Thus, the education sector has become our main CSR focus this year. We will continue to partner with the ITB and other universities in Indonesia in implementing our CSR programme," Huawei Indonesia CEO Li Wenzhi said.
- Kunming awarded for best international image2010-10-22
- Chinese president holds talks with Myanmar's top leader on deepening ties2010-09-08
- Chinese, Singaporean presidents vow to bolster ties2010-08-18
- Chinese gov't boosts the bond markets2011-04-11
- Indonesian president reveals major opportunities for businessmen2011-04-06
- Chinese M&A to focus on domestic consolidation2011-03-30
- China’s ZTE successfully bid for Malaysia wireless network2011-03-19
- Entrepreneurs of Chinese province, Myanmar hold business meeting in Yangon2011-03-15
- Indonesian central bank sees FDI up by 42% in 20112011-03-12
- Chinese mobile phones will be able to use in Myanmar2011-02-11
- Indonesian finance ministry raises near 26 mln USD in debt swap auction2011-02-01
- Non-governmental business delegation of the Economic Corridor of China, Laos and Thailand organized investigation trip to Cambodia (schedule 2)2011-01-28
- Korean Air adds more Seoul-Kunming flights2011-01-15
- Chinese banks' November forex surplus hits 45.3 bln USD2010-12-24
- Chinese premier, Pakistani president vow to boost ties2010-12-20
- Chinese, Pakistani PMs hold talks to cement strategic cooperative partnership2010-12-18
- China’s renewable energy firms encouraged to invest in U.S. market2010-12-07
- China stocks close higher Wednesday, led by consumer goods producers2010-11-24
- Chinese president puts forward growth proposal at APEC summit2010-11-13
- China, APEC hand in hand towards common development2010-11-11
- Chinese premier meets with Vietnamese Communist Party chief2010-10-30
- Chinese premier calls for deepening East Asian co-op2010-10-30
- Chinese, Indian PMs meet on bilateral relations2010-10-29
- Chinese premier meets with Singaporean counterpart in Hanoi2010-10-29
- Indonesian president visits China to boost bilateral trades2010-10-25
- Indonesian president to visit China's Shanghai World Expo2010-09-28
- Chinese mainland bank sets up 1st representative office in Taiwan2010-09-25
- International fair to tap new energy2010-09-21
- Chinese gov to improve food safety systems2010-09-03
- Chinese Consumer Price Index (CPI) by Region (July 2010)2010-09-03
- Indonesia vows to solve border dispute with Malaysia peacefully2010-09-02
- Chinese leaders congratulate Vietnam on 65th National Day2010-09-02
- Chinese, Singaporean trade unions vow closer ties2010-09-01
- Indonesia's Merpati to purchase 15 planes from China2010-09-01
- Indonesian central bank to push banks to increase lending2010-08-31
- Chinese tea being under weather threat -- and milk and sugar2010-08-24
- Chinese products moving up the value chain2010-08-23
- Chinese CPI may peak in Aug: economist2010-08-22
- Chinese fifth jade species:Huanglong jade2010-08-17
- Chinese premier urges development of northeastern China2010-08-17
- Chinese fares gain 2.11% Monday, led by coal producers2010-08-16
- Chinese shares close lower midday Thursday2010-08-05
- In record, 54 Chinese firms hit Global 5002010-07-10
- Chinese banks lent 560b yuan in June2010-07-07
- Chinese Tianjin industrial zone wooes Russian investors2010-06-23
- Chinese vice president concludes Bangladesh tour, starts Laos trip2010-06-19
- Chinese vice premier inspects SW China's Yunnan Province2010-06-04
- Chinese production bases rates highest in Asia2010-06-04
- Chinese electric power companies increases investment in ASEAN2007-10-10