Myanmar airline launches route to Cambodia's Angkor Wat
The launching ceremony was attended by Cambodian Secretary of State of Tourism Ministry So Mara and the Myanmar Ambassador to Cambodia Cho Htun Aung.
Speaking at the launching ceremony on Wednesday evening, So Mara said that it was the first time in history that there was direct flight between the two nations and the flight was vital to boost tourism cooperation.
The launching was not only strengthening and expanding economic cooperation between the two countries, but also exchanging and making closer culture and tourism cooperation, said the Ambassador Cho Htun Aung.
Aung Gyi, managing director of Myanmar Airline International, said that there will be twice flights a week between the two cities -- every Wednesday and Saturday.
"This is just the first step of bridging business with Cambodia, the company will, in the future, expand the further route between Yangon and Phnom Penh," he said.
The plan of introducing Siem Reap-Yangon air route was prompted by the 4th Ayeyawady Chaophraya-Mekong Economic Cooperation Strategy (ACMECS) summit and 5th Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam (CLMV) Summit in November last year in Phnom Penh, which was aimed at developing tourism industry in the sub-region.
- Yunnan delegation officially visits Bangladesh2010-08-31
- Monetary cooperation vital to Asia's economy2010-08-20
- Myanmar will launch direct flights to Cambodia2011-02-11
- The meeting minutes of the First China-Laos conference on the Economic Corridor Non-governmental Mechanism of China, Laos and Thailand were signed2011-01-28
- Myanmar to privatize 90 pct of state-owned industries this year2011-01-13
- International industrial park to be built in Kunming2010-12-31
- Myanmar works for booming tourism through int'l activities2010-12-22
- Myanmar-China border trade fair-2010 put off2010-12-14
- Internationalization of RMB foreseeable: expert2010-12-07
- Cambodia, Thailand sign visa exception agreement to boost business, tourism2010-11-18
- Tourism projects develop smoothly in Dehong2010-10-26
- Myanmar hosts ASEAN ports association meeting in Yangon2010-09-26
- International fair to tap new energy2010-09-21
- Myanmar eyes more trade cooperation with China's developed regions: top leader2010-09-11
- Myanmar's top leader begins a five-day state visit to China2010-09-09
- Myanmar's top leader to visit China2010-09-03
- International Jewelry Town project of Dehong Yunnan2010-08-18
- Wide-range of regional cooperation2010-08-13
- Laying International Logistics Center Project2010-08-11
- International Roads Connects China, Laos and Thailand2010-07-14
- International Express Giant Races for Business Opportunities of Highway Logistics in China2010-03-11
- Myanmar agricultural experts to undergo training in China2009-09-03