China to inject 2.6 trillion yuan for Beibu Gulf economic zone's growth in 5 years
BEIJING, March 13 (Xinhua) -- The Beibu Gulf Economic Zone in south China's Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region would receive a total investment of 2.6 trillion yuan (about 393.9 billion U.S. dollars) over the next five years for growth, a senior local official said here Sunday.
During China's 12th Five-Year Plan period (2011-2015), the economic zone would seek to upgrade its industries, improve transportation and logistics, and promote the development of local tourism through the construction of 2,375 projects, said Huang Daowei, deputy chief in charge of work coordinations for the non-public sectors of the economy in Guangxi.
Investment in these projects would likely reach 2.6 trillion yuan, with 630 billion yuan expected to be invested this year on 304 projects, including infrastructure building, industrial projects, energy savings, and environmental protection, Huang said at a private investment forum held in Beijing.
Huang said the local government would continue to guide and encourage private investment and promote the growth of private sectors.
The Guangxi Beibu Gulf Economic Zone is regarded as the most convenient gateway to the sea for southwest China, and a crucial bridge and base for enhancing cooperation between China and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN).
- Economic Development2010-02-03
- Philippine GDP soars to 20-year high of 7.3 pct2011-02-01
- China's yuan rises 31 basis points to all-time high of 6.586 per USD Tuesday2011-02-01
- China’s some banks stop lending as Jan. quotas reached: report2011-01-28
- 2 trln yuan shares become tradable on market2010-11-08
- China Merchants Securities reports profit in 1st half year despite stock market downturn2010-08-24
- China's central bank pumps 6.04 bln USD into money market this week2010-08-19
- Economic and trade relations between Cambodia and China very good: Cambodian deputy PM2010-08-15
- Q2 economic growth likely to slow to 10.6%2010-07-14
- Yellow River Delta Economic Trade Fair held in Dongying2010-06-24