China's exports of cultrual products accelerating: official
Sun Zhijun, deputy head of Publicity Department of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee, told a press conference that the country's films reaped 3.5 billion yuan (532 million U.S. dollars) at overseas box offices last year.
Compared with the situation at the end of the 10th five-year period (2001-2005), the export of the copyrights of various Chinese publications increased by 177 percent, Sun said.
Statistics showed that the ratio between export and import of book copyrights shrank from 1:7.2 in 2005 to 1:3 last year.
In 2010, the country's turnover of the import and export of core cultural products was 14.39 billion U.S. dollars, with an increase of 15.1 percent year on year.
Turnovers at the 2010 China (Shenzhen) International Cultural Industries Fair rose rapidly to 108.9 billion yuan, with 11.4 billion yuan from exports. The export was 8.3 million yuan, or over three times, more than that from the fair in 2006.
"As a result of the promotion of cultural exports, Chinese culture has markedly sped up the pace of going global and its international competitiveness and influence have significantly improved," Sun said.
- Kunming awarded for best international image2010-10-22
- Chinese president holds talks with Myanmar's top leader on deepening ties2010-09-08
- Chinese, Singaporean presidents vow to bolster ties2010-08-18
- Chinese mobile phones will be able to use in Myanmar2011-02-11
- Non-governmental business delegation of the Economic Corridor of China, Laos and Thailand organized investigation trip to Cambodia (schedule 2)2011-01-28
- Korean Air adds more Seoul-Kunming flights2011-01-15
- Chinese banks' November forex surplus hits 45.3 bln USD2010-12-24
- Chinese premier, Pakistani president vow to boost ties2010-12-20
- Chinese, Pakistani PMs hold talks to cement strategic cooperative partnership2010-12-18
- China’s renewable energy firms encouraged to invest in U.S. market2010-12-07
- China stocks close higher Wednesday, led by consumer goods producers2010-11-24
- Chinese president puts forward growth proposal at APEC summit2010-11-13
- China, APEC hand in hand towards common development2010-11-11
- Chinese premier meets with Vietnamese Communist Party chief2010-10-30
- Chinese premier calls for deepening East Asian co-op2010-10-30
- Chinese, Indian PMs meet on bilateral relations2010-10-29
- Chinese premier meets with Singaporean counterpart in Hanoi2010-10-29
- Chinese mainland bank sets up 1st representative office in Taiwan2010-09-25
- International fair to tap new energy2010-09-21
- Kunming's import & export reach 6.96 bln USD in the 1st 8 months of 20102010-09-19
- Chinese gov to improve food safety systems2010-09-03
- Chinese Consumer Price Index (CPI) by Region (July 2010)2010-09-03
- Chinese leaders congratulate Vietnam on 65th National Day2010-09-02
- Chinese, Singaporean trade unions vow closer ties2010-09-01
- Chinese tea being under weather threat -- and milk and sugar2010-08-24
- Chinese products moving up the value chain2010-08-23
- Chinese CPI may peak in Aug: economist2010-08-22
- Chinese fifth jade species:Huanglong jade2010-08-17
- Chinese premier urges development of northeastern China2010-08-17
- Chinese fares gain 2.11% Monday, led by coal producers2010-08-16
- Chinese shares close lower midday Thursday2010-08-05
- In record, 54 Chinese firms hit Global 5002010-07-10
- Chinese banks lent 560b yuan in June2010-07-07
- Chinese Tianjin industrial zone wooes Russian investors2010-06-23
- Chinese vice president concludes Bangladesh tour, starts Laos trip2010-06-19
- Chinese vice premier inspects SW China's Yunnan Province2010-06-04
- Chinese production bases rates highest in Asia2010-06-04
- Chinese electric power companies increases investment in ASEAN2007-10-10