Beijing's Q1-Q3 foreign trade rises by nearly 50%
The amount, which surpassed the city's total foreign trade volume of 214.8 billion U.S. dollar for the whole of 2009, included 40.7 billion dollars in export value, up 17.3 percent, and 181.1 billion dollars in import value, up 55.4 percent.
Leading trade partners of Beijing included the European Union, ASEAN members, the United States and Japan.
The city's top export commodity was cell phone, and its top import commodity was crude oil.
From January to September, Beijing sold abroad 130 million cell phones, up 18.4 percent year on year, and bought 150 million tonnes of crude oil, up 26.2 percent year on year.
- RMB internationalization a delicate issue2010-08-20
- China vows to enhance facilitation under ASEAN Plus Three mechanism2010-08-27
- Macao's CPI rises 2.96% July2010-08-20
- Tracks being laid for Beijing section of Beijing-Shanghai high-speed railway2010-08-18
- FDI inflows into China July up 30 pct2010-08-17
- Guangxi external trade up 36.7% in first seven months2010-08-14
- Foreign Trade Policy to Give Priority to Stability in the Latter Half of the Year and Export Rebates for High Consumption Products to Possibly Be Fine-Tuned2010-08-13