Chinese, Laotian presidents pledge to enhance political, economic ties
BEIJING, Sept. 19 (Xinhua) -- President Hu Jintao and his Laotian counterpart Choummaly Saygnasone held talks on Monday, agreeing to boost bilateral ties in light of the 50th anniversary of the establishment of China-Laos relations.
Hu, who is also general secretary of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee, congratulated Choummaly's re-election as president of Laos and secretary-general of the Laos People's Revolutionary Party Central Committee.
Hu hailed the current state of bilateral political relations, saying that both countries share similar social systems, political ideals and developmental mindsets.
"It bears positive significance for the cause of socialism and for peace and development in Asia and the world for China and Laos to be good neighbors, friends, comrades and partners," Hu said at their meeting at the Great Hall of the People in downtown Beijing.
Hu said China will enhance strategic communication, substantial cooperation, party-to-party exchanges and coordination on international and regional issues with Laos.
China appreciates the Laos government's adherence to the one-China policy and will firmly support Laos as it advances on a road that fits its domestic situation, Hu said.
Hu pledged to strengthen cooperation with Laos in the areas of economics, trade, mining, agriculture, infrastructure, tourism and education and promote exchanges between the legislative bodies, political organizations and social management networks of both nations.
Hu suggested that both sides should enhance cooperation in national defense and public security in order to safeguard peace and stability of both countries.
Hu said China supports Laos in hosting the ninth Asia-Europe Meeting next year and expressed confidence in the country's national development.
Referring to China as a "close and reliable friend" and "strategic partner," Choummaly spoke highly of the cooperative ties between the parties and governments of both countries, stating that comprehensive cooperation with China has fueled development in Laos.
Choummaly said both sides should maintain high-level visits, strengthen cooperation in national defense and public security and expand cooperation in the fields of economics, trade, culture, education and tourism.
Choummaly arrived in Beijing on Sunday for a four-day official visit to China at the invitation of Hu.
- Kunming awarded for best international image2010-10-22
- Chinese president holds talks with Myanmar's top leader on deepening ties2010-09-08
- Chinese, Singaporean presidents vow to bolster ties2010-08-18
- Chinese company invests in animal feed in Vietnam2011-09-20
- Chinese mainland urges accelerating cross-Strait investment protection negotiations2011-09-15
- Chinese, American economists wrap up dialogue aware of challenges and opportunities2011-09-14
- Chinese tire exports decline after WTO ruling2011-09-13
- Chinese expert calls for immediate acceleration of economic transformation2011-09-08
- Chinese company builds highway in northern Vietnam2011-09-06
- Chinese consumer confidence dips slightly in Q2: Nielsen2011-08-25
- Chinese consumer confidence slips2011-08-24
- Chinese economy to grow 9.28% in 20112011-08-23
- Chinese central SOEs net profits up 15.7 pct in first seven months2011-08-22
- Chinese steelmaker aims to become less dependent on foreign ore2011-08-12
- Chinese economy's growth pace fluctuating within normal range2011-08-09
- Chinese software company Kingdee to help train SMEs in Singapore2011-07-29
- Chinese bank forex surplus hits 273.7 bln USD in H12011-07-26
- Chinese automakers seek global growth2011-07-26
- Chinese FM calls for further ASEAN Plus Three cooperation for regional prosperity2011-07-25
- Chinese central SOEs net profits up 14.6 pct in H12011-07-25
- Chinese auto makers need new export model: BAIC chairman2011-07-21
- Chinese ecotourism has yet to fully blossom2011-07-20
- Chinese microcredit companies lend 89.4 bln yuan in H12011-07-20
- Chinese telecom giant ambitious to lead 4G mobile technology2011-07-12
- Chinese consumer confidence drops in June2011-07-12
- Chinese tourism to Japan rebounds2011-06-28
- Chinese tourists are biggest spenders in Australia2011-06-10
- Interview: Chinese economy to have soft landing: Swedish bank senior economist2011-05-11
- Chinese property developers struggle as gov't cools market2011-05-09
- Chinese firms to face global challenges2011-05-06
- Chinese firms face trade, investment barriers2011-04-26
- Chinese official calls for restructuring of SMEs due to rising production costs2011-04-25
- Chinese vice premier urges balanced trade2011-04-18
- Chinese stocks close higher on tourism, financial sectors2011-04-14
- Chinese firm opens technology training center in Indonesian college2011-04-12
- Chinese gov't boosts the bond markets2011-04-11
- Chinese M&A to focus on domestic consolidation2011-03-30
- China’s ZTE successfully bid for Malaysia wireless network2011-03-19
- Anhui Provincial Department of Commerce will hold the Economic and Trade symposium in Myanmar2011-03-16
- Entrepreneurs of Chinese province, Myanmar hold business meeting in Yangon2011-03-15
- China's economic figures in Feb, 20112011-03-11
- Premier Wen says China eyes 7-pct annual growth from 2011 to 20152011-02-28
- Chinese mobile phones will be able to use in Myanmar2011-02-11
- Non-governmental business delegation of the Economic Corridor of China, Laos and Thailand organized investigation trip to Cambodia (schedule 2)2011-01-28
- Korean Air adds more Seoul-Kunming flights2011-01-15
- Economist: Two to three times interest rate hike likely2011-01-10
- Cambodian national assembly passes ASEAN-India co-op agreement2010-12-29
- Chinese banks' November forex surplus hits 45.3 bln USD2010-12-24
- Chinese premier, Pakistani president vow to boost ties2010-12-20
- Chinese, Pakistani PMs hold talks to cement strategic cooperative partnership2010-12-18
- China’s renewable energy firms encouraged to invest in U.S. market2010-12-07
- China stocks close higher Wednesday, led by consumer goods producers2010-11-24
- Chinese president puts forward growth proposal at APEC summit2010-11-13
- China, APEC hand in hand towards common development2010-11-11
- Chinese premier meets with Vietnamese Communist Party chief2010-10-30
- Chinese premier calls for deepening East Asian co-op2010-10-30
- Chinese, Indian PMs meet on bilateral relations2010-10-29
- Chinese premier meets with Singaporean counterpart in Hanoi2010-10-29
- China's Xi'an signs MOU with Cambodia to further enhance economic and trade co-op2010-09-28
- Chinese mainland bank sets up 1st representative office in Taiwan2010-09-25
- International fair to tap new energy2010-09-21
- Banks discuss RMB internationalization2010-09-06
- Chinese gov to improve food safety systems2010-09-03
- Chinese Consumer Price Index (CPI) by Region (July 2010)2010-09-03
- Chinese leaders congratulate Vietnam on 65th National Day2010-09-02
- Chinese, Singaporean trade unions vow closer ties2010-09-01
- Chinese tea being under weather threat -- and milk and sugar2010-08-24
- Chinese products moving up the value chain2010-08-23
- Chinese CPI may peak in Aug: economist2010-08-22
- Chinese fifth jade species:Huanglong jade2010-08-17
- Chinese premier urges development of northeastern China2010-08-17
- Chinese fares gain 2.11% Monday, led by coal producers2010-08-16
- Economic and trade relations between Cambodia and China very good: Cambodian deputy PM2010-08-15
- Chinese shares close lower midday Thursday2010-08-05
- In record, 54 Chinese firms hit Global 5002010-07-10
- Chinese banks lent 560b yuan in June2010-07-07
- Chinese Tianjin industrial zone wooes Russian investors2010-06-23
- Chinese vice president concludes Bangladesh tour, starts Laos trip2010-06-19
- Chinese vice premier inspects SW China's Yunnan Province2010-06-04
- Chinese production bases rates highest in Asia2010-06-04
- Chinese electric power companies increases investment in ASEAN2007-10-10